Friday 18 October 2013

Vanilla meringue cheesecake


I never was a big fan of meringue but I tried this cheesecake last week and I have to admit I changed my mind about meringue toppings :) I really liked the soft and fluffy finish! Will come back soon to this recipe! 

Ingredients:

For the shortcrust base, take the recipe form here: My mum' apple pie

For the cheesecake: 
  • 6 yolks 
  • 1 kg cream cheese (you can use a full "quark"or ricotta)
  • 250g sugar
  • 1 package vanilla sugar (16g)
  • 200 ml cream (doesn't have to be the a double cream, you can use sour cream) 
For the meringue:
  • 6 egg whites
  • 110g sugar

Preparation:

For the shortcrust bottom please follow the steps from the link above. 
Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. For the cheesecake. In a food processor whisk yolks with sugar until pale, add the cheese and milk and keep whisking until all the ingredients combine. Pour the cheese mixture into your cool shortcrust bottom. And put into the oven for approx. 50 minutes. Whisk the egg whites with sugar until you get a nice, white foam. Pour the foam on your cheesecake and keep baking for another 10-15 minutes until the meringue will get a nice gold color. Yummie!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment