Sunday 17 August 2014

Forget Me Not Vanilla Mini Cupcakes


This was a special evening for me! My lovely auntie was celebrating her Bday and I was in charge to prepare the seating cards so I thought I will prepare mini cupcakes which will hold the names of the guests. As it was an unforgettable evening the cupcakes had to be decorated with small forget me not flowers :) I think they turned out very sweet and the guests were happy as well!! 

Ingredients:
For the muffins:
makes approx 30mini muffins or approx 15 normal muffins
  • 80g butter, softened
  • 280g sugar
  • 1 package vanilla sugar (16g)
  • 240g flour
  • 1 sp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 240 ml milk
For the cream cheese frosting:
  • 250g mascarpone
  • 100g softened butter
  • 200g icing sugar

Preparation:
For the muffins: Preheat the oven to 175°CLine your mini muffin tin with paper liners.

In a mixing bowl beat together butter, sugars, salt until smooth and creamy. Keep steering and start adding eggs one by one, add milk and mix until all combines. Add flour and baking powder and whisk until all the ingredients combine. With a spoon scoop evenly into the prepared cupcake liners. Remember to fill the muffin cases only 3/4 cavity otherwise they might overflow. Bake for about 20min. You can check if the muffins are ready by sticking a cocktail stick into the centre of each muffin. It should come out clean and not sticky, if it is still sticky just leave it in the oven for 3-5 minutes more.

For the frosting: In a mixing bowl beat the butter, add mascarpone and beat all together, add sugar and beat again. Don't get scared if you see that the ingredients start separating from each other forming crumbles, just keep whisking. It might take a while but everything will combine don't worry! 

To decorate the cupcakes I have prepared the forget me not flowers from a rolled blue fondant then left over night to firm before I placed them on the cupcakes. For the frosting I used a piping bag, but if you don't have one you can use a knife spreading the frosting over the cupcakes. You can also decorate with small caramel candies or spread a bit of sea salt! Enjoy!!!




With all my love… <3



No comments:

Post a Comment